View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: I Can\'t Believe the Results of this Poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hate greedy bitches

[/ QUOTE ]

I voted she has a case in this poll. The poll question does not ask whether the station owes her $100K. It asks whether or not she has a case, which she certainly does. This is outright deception, whether it was with malicious intent or a simple joke. I do no blame her one bit for wanting to take action against this station, and I certainly can understand why 70% of the people agree with this. I do not think this is "greedy." The point where I disagree however, is that once she was offered $5000, that should have sufficed as compensation for her troubles.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you made a 100 grand bet with some dude and won, and then he tried giving you a candy bar, would you accept $5000 for your trouble?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its not quite the same, but back when I was younger, we would always have dumb bets like this. "I will bet you 100 bucks I can beat you in a race" - the kid would let me win, then try to kick me in the ass 100 times. Or a bet for a 1000 dollars which would turn out to be 1000 doll hairs. I never got upset when I wasn't paid $100. Of course this is slightly different because this woman obviously (and perhaps rightfully so) took their offer seriously. It was intended as a joke, and they offered her a healthy sum for her troubles. I don't think this is unreasonable.