View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 09:00 PM

Default Re: SSNL F.A.Q. v2.0

[ QUOTE ]
This is not an accurate example of a slightly +EV situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The situation was 33 Vs. KJo. How is this not slightly +EV? I understand that you have no way of knowing the opponent has two high cards.. that was my point.

[ QUOTE ]
This strikes me as completely unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a warning to anybody who's going to make their first post about a bad beat as they WILL get flamed and abused. Posts with little to no content ARE tolerated when they're posted by known members who've contributed many helpful posts in the past.

[ QUOTE ]
Under any normal circumstances you will have no way of putting your opponent on exactly two high cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was exactly my point.

[ QUOTE ]
This really adds nothing. If you're not going to list the "nitwits," then what use is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's useful as some new players will think everybody here offers good advice. When I first started browsing I saw lot's of advice I found a bit shaky. A lot of it indeed was bad advice. I felt like 2+2 was a crappy forum at first. Fortunately I was just reading a few posts by idiots and when I learned the difference between a solid poster and a bad one, I loved 2+2. Listing people I myself find to be nitwits would be condescending.. warning people that there are indeed nitwits out there isn't.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to maintain decorum, then why take some vague, blanket shot like this?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not a cheap shot at anybody. It's a warning that there is good and bad advice in this forum. Apparently questioning people's advice here is frowned upon as I am called stubborn when I second guess the replies I receive in my own threads.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I see no reason why you couldn't include a short "general poker" list including ToP, "The Psychology of Poker," "Poker Essays" and so forth, as they contain invaluable ideas applicable to any game, plus provide the easy plug for our hosts that the previous poster suggested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this is frequently asked questions for small stakes no limit hold 'em. I wanted it to be a FAQ for how to fare well in this forum, then it became more and more strategy related as others started adding more questions for it. This is becoming frustrating as NLHE is such an abyss of information that I cannot list them all in a simple FAQ. Not to mention I don't know the answers to everything. If I list tournament books and general poker books which deal mostly with limit poker, then I should go ahead and list books dealing with Omaha aswell. People in the General Poker forum can make a FAQ and drop ToPs name in there.

Or I can just send whoever else wants to do this my .txt file and they can take it from here.