View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 07:34 AM

Default How is this hand played?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: (19 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, Button checks
Final Pot: 19 BB

My thought preflop was that raising would just encourage everyone to draw out on me. On the flop I was thinking the same and wanted to raise the turn, but it was raised when it came to me. Is 3-betting the turn my best bet? I was worried about the button calling 2 cold...

Also, the button is extremely tight passive and UTG+1 and MP 1 are maniacs, and likely to raise and call with any two cards.