View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Internet account security interview with Lee Jones

[ QUOTE ]
I disagree that the person that has your poker password has hacked your computer. I would guess that a large majority of people who have had their accounts "hacked" simply had easy passwords.

My brother says that he hacks private table passwords more often than not on partypoker. I dont think that the majority of players put any more thought into their account passwords than they do their private table passwords.

I agree he does need to reformat and reinstall. I've told him this but you would hope that was his first thought.

Tuco.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I haven't messed around with breaking XP... it could be quite difficult for all I know. Win2k sure wasn't.

You're right.. "mykidizcute" or "bigwillie" aren't going to cut it for passwords... those are definitely guessers. I guess I should have said, "If you have a decent password and they get it they probably just haxed U"

Ok Tuco, I need sleep and the laptop needs a charge... good luck getting these internet sophmores setting good passwords. Please don't get them to agree to changing passwords at the same time or using some sort of hardware device I'll have to keep up with (unless it's optional, of course). Well met.