View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: The ongoing saga of Ellix Powers, homeless WSOP star

[ QUOTE ]

I'd be astonished if the author of those blog entries wasn't 100% aware of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 85%...I'll let the words speak for themselves (these are great, BTW...thanks for sharing).

[ QUOTE ]

I told Ellix I would give him 80 bucks to buy in to a limit game. He said he would, took the money, and started walking out of the convention center. I was like "yo, where are you going", he said "I just gotta meet this guy in the parking lot real quick, Ill be back". He took off, and I stayed pretty much even, when he got back he explained to me that he didnt want to sit at a 4-8 game, said it just frustrated him. I said that was cool, but maybe he should give me the money back then. He asked me who I liked in the basketball game and I told him whoever the home team is, and he said maybe he would take the spurs and the under for 20 and if it hit hed get 72, he explained that those were the kind of moves we had to make. I again asked for my money back. He explained he was just kidding and that he had a guy getting him money on monday so he would pay me back then. Being up 320, some of which was attributable directly to ellixs advice on tells and his intimidating presence, I decided I could afford to toss the guy the 80 bucks, and be happy on the day.

[/ QUOTE ]