View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Internet account security interview with Lee Jones

OK, I give. Your authoritarian presence supercedes my smartass. I tried to give good advice in my very first post, but I guess it was just too "internet elite", I dunno.

Yes, I want to play against dumbasses. Do I want to change my password every X number of days? no. I've been under that particular system and it sucks. Would I do it if the fish thought it was a good idea? Yes.

Fact is, the fish are the people making passwords like "mydogrox", "hansenrulez" and "hisweety" (heh, if I guessed anyone's password they need to CHANGE IT!)... they won't change even if the sites made them switch the passwords every 10 days. It would just make it a big PITA for them (fish and sites). A little education goes a long way, while rules tend to get ignored or bypassed. If they got bypassed in this case it would mean that the majors might lose business to some fringe site that doesn't require password changes.

Freak incidents happen, common internet security is usually at fault for things like this... guesses, trojans, phishing. Anyone who is vulnerable to this is vulnerable at partypoker.com, amazon.com or paypal.com.

Saying all that, I was the victim of a paypal ripoff in 1999. It was from a site I signed up with that was actually phishing, even though they provided the service they advertised ($10). I got ripped off for a ~ $100 purchase on ebay. I was lucky. Be f'in careful, people.

edit: oh yeah, the biometrics are just a dark, orwellian joke. please, noone take that seriously.