View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 07:11 PM

Default Re: I am awfully tight pre flop. And some others questions

[ QUOTE ]
Guys, Sorry for my English
1) Here is my problem. My VPIP at .5/1 (Party) is ... 9.94 after 500 hands. Yes, this is very few hands. But I believe it will not much greater after even 10000 hands if I wouldn change my starting hands requirements. I play only strong A2, A3s, AA2x (x = whee card) in EP. Strong means no A278 and any other garbage. In MP sometimes I can play less powerful hands, but not A278 again. In LP I do raises with this hands and also limp hand like KQJTo, 234x if there is enough limpers. I also play hands like KK23 DS/SS, QQ23 DS/SS. I really dont like high-only hands.
So, what hands can I add to my play list?

2) What do you think about this particular hands?
Ad Ah Ks 4s - i would fold it even in LP
AA53 rainbow - limp or raise after 3-6 limpers
Qs Js 9H 8c - fold
AA56 DS - fold in EP, limp/raise in MP, LP

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're too tight. In fact, I think I'M too tight, which is why I want to see many responses to this post.

A278. It's a playable hand with weak opposition which is what you have at Party .50/1. One of the main benefits with A2 is NOT that you have the nut low draw, but that your other cards are nearly freerolling for high while you have the nut low draw. You'd love to make a straight with 78 while getting a low. Normally, you wouldn't play 78 because you either make a crap straight, or the nut straight playing for half the pot. Since you have A2, it's got scooping potential if you get favorable middle cards on the flop. Also, many people play non-nut lows in this game. Don't think you're quartered every time a low is out there.

AAK4, I could defintely play this in LP. Remember, one of the benefits of position is that you get to see action in front of you. You can tell if no one likes their hand and bet at it, or fold if there's a ton of action indicating that better draws are out against you.

AA53. I wouldn't necessarily raise with this hand, but can't fault you for doing so. Just be prepared to get away from the hand if people go nuts. Honestly, I think you'd be better off raising with this hand later when your edge is greater.

AA56. This is okay to play in LP as well, but I don't like raising with it either. I guess its double suitedness makes up for the lessor low possiblities.

QJ98 - I fold this every time as well.