View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: share your best misclick stories!

This is more a series of misclicks, culminating in a stupid error, but I thought I'd share it anyway...

I was playing NL one day and was really, really tired (don't play poker when you're tired). I have pocket aces and think sweet. It's 4 handed and I'm on the button. I minraise (stupid thing to do) and get called all round.

The flop gets raised, and I reraise, pot is about $7 now. The turn is some crappy card, and I'm thinking "ha ha, these guys are dead, I have ACES!!" So one dude gets all in for his last $4.70, and another guy reraises $12. I'm just calling along, as happy and content as a fish could possibly be, revelling in my nut-peddling. I was value calling my nuts, you might say.

River is crap again and gets checked through. The $12 raiser dude had a straight. He was probably wondering what the hell I was calling him with.

I mentioned what a lucky river that was for him, and he kindly pointed out that I should go to bed because he had the straight on the turn. I was too friggin tired to see it. Sure enough, I went to bed.