Thread: Pool Cues
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Pool Cues

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
see if anyone you know has a predator. they take some getting used to, but you can put a lot of english on the ball pretty easily, and it will stay in line much better on an off center hit than it would from a meucci and other older cues...

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting. i had no idea they'd changed the sticks that much. i don't really hang around any pool players anymore though. it's been a really long time, and i was really only a reasonably good player but not more.

i had a couple of shots that were impressive though that i'd pull out of my ass once a night or so that would wow people into thinking i was better than i really was. after a scratch i could take the cue off the little corner of the side pocket and make a ball back at my end of the table w/o bringing it off the far rail. and i had a halfway decent masse. people get impressed by that even if you miss for some reason. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, yea that's great. they're impressed just to see the ball move. My record so far is masse'ing around 8 balls (ball in pocket, 8 lined up in a row off the short rail, cue on other side and arc it over and around. Have to hit it hard and just right....but it looks great when it works [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]