View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Run Dick Run - the 2008 question

[ QUOTE ]
...Frist is, as far as I know, retiring in 06. I suspect he wants to run for President. Personally (as a Dem) I hope he gets the nomination, since he has one HELL of a record to attack and will probably get creamed in a general election. Examples: he was one of those "I will only serve one term" 1994 Contract with America guys, his unpopular actions re: Shiavo, today's abrupt reversal re: Bolton's floor vote, and just being a Senator. Senators usually don't do well in general elections, while governors do very well (more of a legislative record to attack).

Again, cool thread. Even BGC chimed in with some objectivity. Nice!

Oh, and I love Al Sharpton, but he won't be taken that seriously.

Other notes... Watch out for Bobby Jindhal. He is the Republican's Barak Obama -- young, super smart, a minority, and VERY charismatic. He came within an eyelash of winning the Governorship of Louisiana. I only wish he was a Democrat. (He is the guy that came up with the purple finger idea at the State of the Union -- good idea!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in TN, and keep up with statewide politics. Frist is definitely retiring in '06. And for the record, he never said he would only serve 1 term, he said that he would only serve 2 terms which is what he will do.

He will run for President. He isn't at the top of my list, but I could vote for him.

I think Pataki is a good darkhorse candidate right now.