View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: I told my dad I won $200 in a MTT today, and he yelled at me.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
the problem is clearly that your dad is so used to you being straight edge that he can't handle it when you do something so unbecomming of a young upstanding christian

[/ QUOTE ]

As a poker-addicted evangelical Christian, I'd be really interested in understanding the background behind this response.

[/ QUOTE ]

there isn't any, simply a comment made in jest, basically because xNAMEx type nicks annoy me.

However, in a somewhat related item, 1/2 nl table in vegas, can't remember where, and some guy lost a pretty significant hand, and started swearing, nothing unusual, and mostly under his breath. But then the guy that was wearing the yet unnoticed Jesus shirt started goign off on how he was very offended, as a Christian, about this guy's reaction, which nearly started a brawl at the table as everyone was arguing about how either this guy shouldn't be swearing or this so called Christian was simply a hypocritical asshead, etc.

And if you really are addicted, you should seek help with your God, or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, you think since I'm straight edge that I'm a Christian?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes,
now tell me you aren't.

The issue with straight edge people isn't that they don't do drugs, have sex, drink, generally do the stuff that makes growing up fun. It's the fact that they don't do it, and they insist on letting everyone know they dont' do it, nobody cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

DING DING DING