View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 03:07 AM

Default Re: Utterly embarrassing and honest confessions of a 1 year pro

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you had some really excellent things to say, I appreciate that. Some of you had some really negative things to say, that do not benefit me in anyway, and I do not appreciate that. Hey, negative comments are bound to come with a thread that contains so much open material that it makes it easy for someone to take shots at you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Those people just are. not. cool. Period.

Very open and honest post, I truly enjoyed reading it and it made me step back and take a look at my own life. I am very far from making a living off playing poker, but my profits do rival my minimum wage income (I am 18 and live with my parents). I have spent many a late night playing poker online, often losing sleep over a bad beat or a mistake in my strategy. I have realized that my hobby has become an addiction strictly on the self-reflection that came from reading your post, and for that I thank you.

I am going to start running as you and several other posters have inspired me to do so. My advice to you is not to take life so seriously. Get drunk, smoke weed, go skinny dipping... whatever. Just be open and energetic to complete strangers and they will match your energy. The few who don't are not worth being friends with anyway (kind of like filtering out the small suited connectors with a pre-flop raise [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])...

You're the man.