View Single Post
Old 06-24-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Live Tournament Hand

$30 buyin 60+ players. Blinds 50-100.

Me $1275
Villan $1025

I am UTG+2. I have recently played 2 hands where I have laid down to reraise on the flop to a bigger stack on my left with a small pair and a whiffed AK. I have shown no cards to date. Villian is aggressive and loose. He has pushed with ATo 2 times and showed. I played 1 other hand with villian in which I reraised big and he laid down.

I open with 300 (AQo) folds to villian (CO) who raises 725. Pot is now 1475 if my math and memory are correct and 725 to call. Looks like a coin flip or I may be in a dominating position. I guess 88 - TT and call.

Is this a fold preflop with 15 min levels. I'd have about 10x the BB if I fold. I'm in good shape if I win. I'm basically crippled if I lose. How much would I have to have to gamble with this.

If not a preflop fold and I've raised. Is this a call. I put him on AA-88 AK-AJ. More likely a pair given this is a reraise. If I do Pokerstove with AA-88 and AK its close 36% equity. If I extend to include AQ and AJ its up to 42%% equity). However, I'd be all but out.

I'll start reading HOH to look for the answer but wanted some opinions here.