View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 08:49 PM

Location: Pittsburgh Pa (North Suburb called Cranberry Township)
Default Re: cold call from a slightly loose aggressive-aggressive

[ QUOTE ]
'Every once in a while, I will have the goods, the 99 will flop a set or I can play the overpair, but this is really confusing. Do I 3-bet? Do I check fold 4th unimproved?'... Top pair or a set verses a loose post flop aggressive. I am going to cap the flop every time. Why would you want to fold your top pair or flopped set on the turn?? Your set rarely needs to improve to win in a multiway pot, let alone in a heads up pot. And top pairs are strong hands verses just one player.

[/ QUOTE ]

After rereading, this was probably confusing. Not saying that I fold top set or pair, etc. Only saying when it does happen, it pays off nicely in this situations, it is when I miss that I run into the issues - sorry for any confusion.

as far as changing seats, it is an online game - so usually the option to change seats it is not there - so it appears a table change is in order. When you say adjust your game - this is kinda what I am asking - how to adjust the game - if I miss, is this a situation that I just keep pounding? or go into check call mode? If I bet and he calls the turn, is it a check fold on the end, fire another round with A high?