View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: cold call from a slightly loose aggressive-aggressive

'If I bet, it seems to be raised 100% of the time.'... Change seats. If being in a particular seat makes it hard for you to play your game, either change and sit down in a better seat, adapt your game for the higher aggressive play behind you or change tables.

'In a game where overs are constantly missing, this becomes a huge challenge because he will continually coldcall a raise.'... So don't bluff bet. If he won't fold his hand, betting the flop, in the hopes of winning the hand immediately, won't work. But take advantage of his passive play by betting your decent hands.

'Every once in a while, I will have the goods, the 99 will flop a set or I can play the overpair, but this is really confusing. Do I 3-bet? Do I check fold 4th unimproved?'... Top pair or a set verses a loose post flop aggressive. I am going to cap the flop every time. Why would you want to fold your top pair or flopped set on the turn?? Your set rarely needs to improve to win in a multiway pot, let alone in a heads up pot. And top pairs are strong hands verses just one player.

Unless you have a read on your opponent that makes you quite sure that you are behind, you simply suck it up and build the pot (or protect your hand, whichever applies).