Thread: 80/160 #4: AJs
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 07:42 PM

Default Re: 80/160 #4: AJs

hi nate

you aren't leading by enough when your turn raise is called. it is also unclear whether or not you have the lead. the best course in this situation is simply calling your opponent down.

i edited my first post about making a possible turn raise. i had you in first position with a draw to the nuts. seeing now that the turn produced an off-suit, and that you are in last position, under no circumstances should you raise. however, even if you did have first position, and a draw to the nuts, you should not attempt a semi-bluff check-raise in this spot. the reason? the semi won't foldout this opponent....and you also get into the issue of whether or not you are in the lead. in otherwords nate, you may not want the turn fold to your raise, however, since you aren't leading sufficiently enough those times the raise is called, you also don't like the call. a raise therefore, can only hurt you, and never help you in this spot.

yeah nate, you must quickly recognize when not to get fancy. this is usually the great majority of the time. as for the river, you must call nate. i see that you folded but no good. you must call this one.