View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: ADD EMPIRE POKER TO BLACKLISTED SITES!!!!

The message boards used by affiliates to discuss their business is very very happy and excited by the moves Party and the skins are making. They feel they will be making much much more now. Their next push/hope is to now rid the sites of affiliate rakeback deals. They also are pushing to get back their signups who fled to an "illegal" rakeback affiliate. At the very least, they expect Party to 'redistribute' the illegal rakeback players to the 'legal' affiliates who have lost income from this activity.

I guess there's a lot of affiliates offering no rakeback. They keep talking about the "old days" when there profits were much more. I guess they like other peoples money. Who can blame the affiliates for pressuring the sites? Afterall, they are the ones bringing in many of the players. They deserve there 30% cut without having to kickback anything to its signups. Or so they believe.

I guess the poker players lose again. But then, we are only there to create rake for the site and it's affiliate. We are just the pawn who churns out the profits. Why should we have any say in what goes on between the sites and it's affiliates?

For affiliates, they are purely driven by profits from their signups. They care little about poker, other than it's a means to acquire income. In some cases, massive income. They stumbled upon a good thing. They intend to keep it a good thing for as long as possible. They'd rather the players producing the income get nothing back from the sights in forms of reloads, as it reduces their 'cut' from that players rake.

The blame can't entirely be put on Party anymore. They have a very vocal silent partner they must appease. This is a typical attitude of a typical Party affiliate:

[ QUOTE ]
I target the nickle and dime players and to me it is a numbers game. I send Party Poker massive amounts of play money players each month (who eventually convert to real money) to replace the players who went broke the previous month. These guys are clueless about the rake and I prefer it that way. Rake back has not impacted my earnings so far, but I am still very much against it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read their boards for yourself though. In some ways, I think Partys main focus is on keeping affiliates happy and wealthy, and not on keeping players happy and satisfied.
That is their choice.

http://partyriches.com/forums/index....mp;hl=rakeback

Luckily, as a player, I have a choice of sites to play. I'd rather play at sites not so caught up in their 30% partners (affiliates) and who instead kickback that money to the players who generate the income.

Having a choice is all that matters. Theres no reason to bitch and moan about a site when we have the freedom to choose other sites.

Everyone! Have a great day!