View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Re: Sox Bullpen Questions

I agree that this is the only answer right now but its pretty nerve wracking. What do you think the chances are that he was on the juice and that the fastball just isn't coming back? If your best pitch is a changeup but suddenly there is only a couple MPH difference between it and the fastball, I don't think you can be very successful.

I dunno, no one can say for sure but i am not so auick to label players who are struggling steriod abusers. a bigger factor might be the amount of work foulke put in last postseason. lets just hope he turns it around.

I'm not so sure. I think I would bump Miller at this point since Arroyo is a better pitcher and somebody who, if throwing well at the time, I might want starting a playoff game.

I am pretty sure it will be Arroyo. Its not just who is a better pitcher right now, but who can handle the transition to the bullpen easier. im pretty sure the sox dont want to mess up millers comeback by usuing him 3-4 times a week.

What do you think about getting Guardado? Any trade rumors in Boston? Its hard to keep tabs out on the west coast.

i would love "EveryDay" EG, but im sure the mariners will be asking for a lot. while the sox have the second highest payroll in the majors, they cant afford to be as freespending as the NYY. i prefer they sell high and buy low. as for rumors, i dunno. i dont pay much attention to them as 95% of the time they dont pan out.