Thread: TPGK, standard?
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 09:04 AM

Default Re: TPGK, standard?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A better play *might* be to just check preflop, and set up a check/raise if you flop top pair

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who checks top pair on the flop here is not playing good poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree - I played a hand like this the other night.

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: 19.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

Results? I still think your flop check stinks and I'm sure I'm not the only one who would feel this way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. First of all, you were the aggressor PF. What makes you think someone's going to bet for you? You were lucky that someone did. Otherwise, you just let all the draws get a free card on you and lost value on what is probably the best hand.