View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Rockford Charitable Games - This Weekend

I doubt I will be there this weekend, but there's an off chance. Anyway, I can answer most of your questions:

[ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming they have some way to wiggle around the "$250 max cashout rule," right?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. They pay you anything extra in gift certificates or gold coins. If it's only a little over then just have someone else cash it or sell your chips to someone else. People are always wanting to buy chips at the table.

[ QUOTE ]
The structure for STT's is odd. 12 players, rapidly increasing blinds, and they pay TWO places? WTF? What are the payouts? 70/30?

[/ QUOTE ]
These are horrible because of the blinds. The payouts are also very steep. I think the prize tends to be someting like 70/30 or so. Also they only pay out for 10 spots; the other 2 go to the rake.

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to beat a $5 rake playing 5/10?

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolutely.

[ QUOTE ]
Do they ever spread games not listed on the website? I'd like to play higher than 5/10, and I'd like to play a MTT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, they spread a 2/5 NL 300 max (which the call a tournament table for legal reasons.) They also spread 10/20 whenever there is enough interest, but it has basically died because of 2 reasons. The first is the 2/5NL took away a lot of players. Also a lot of regulars now play someplace else.

-Craig