View Single Post
Old 06-23-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: QUESTION: Implied Odds

It's a good book by the way, I haven't finished it since I am trying to grasp all the information he's providing. There are tons of things in the book so read it slowly.

So with the simulated sitation I pointed out on my earlier post, assuming that everything is constant, calling would be profitable compared to folding. I am only adding 1 future round when calculating my implied odds since I believe this is the most accurate way to do it.

The obvious scenario when calling could be wrong is when there is a reraise on the Flop or a raise on the Turn. After calling two-called on the Flop however, you'll have to call the extra bet. If there is a raise on the Turn, I don't think you'll get enough odds to get the 11-1 you need to chase. With more aggressive or unkown players, I might fold, but if the opponents are passive then calling would be more profitable.

I think the situation where I am having problems with the most is thinking ahead after the Flop. I tend to call almost 90% on the Flop when I have a decent hand to play with. Even if I have a small pair I'll call the Flop as long as I am closing or close to closing the action(1 player to act after me). Lots of hands you can call on the Flop isn't profitable to call on the Turn.