View Single Post
Old 06-04-2003, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Sosa a cheat and a liar

One other thing. Sosa has to be so FOS with this excuse. Any successful world class athlete can tell the difference in their equipment. To be an advantage, a corked bat has to be significantly lighter than a regular bat. Anybody swinging the regular bat as much as Sosa does (or purports to) would have to be able to tell the difference immediately. Tiger Woods can feel a fraction of a gram difference between drivers. Sosa isn't as exceptional as Tiger, and baseball and bats not as precise as golf or golf clubs, but come on. He must be able to tell the difference instantly. No way could this be an accident. And I'm a Cubs fan FWIW. (Although I have never been a huge Sosa fan for whatever reason.) So Sosa will get his 10 games off. But then be ridiculed and qustioned forever. Oh well.

P.S. My favorite Sosa moment has nothing to do with sosa. Harry Caray doing a run of the mill meaningless game and sosa is at bat. He starts a diatribe about names. "Steve, you ever notice that sosa spelled backwards is "Asos?" That sounds like a word. Asos. Yeah, Asos. Strike on the outside part of the plate. And your name backwards is "enots." (I don't remember this part of the diatribe exactly) Ball inside. Silence......... I'm sure glad Vizcaino isn't up." Steve Stone then has to go get some beers himself. [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]