View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: QUESTION: Implied Odds

I find it easier and more accurate to count each street as well. Calculating two future rounds sounds inaccurate since lots of things can happen when the Turn card flops.

Since there are currently 18SBs in the Flop, if I suspect BB to be aggressive he'll probably make it to 3bets. If he's passive then my expectation of 9BB is acurate as long as SB folds. If BB reraises, I'll be forced to call 3SBs to win 21SBs(18SB now, 2SBs more from BB, 1SB more to raiser) or about 7-1.

Once I call the 3SB's, the total pot size on the Turn will be 24SBs = 12BBs. Here is my dilemma. Do you include the 3SBs you put in on the Flop when counting your implied odds on the River? I am getting 7-1 now and probably 2BBs more from my remaining opponents making my expected pot size to 9-1. What about the 3SBs I invested from calling the Flop, do I include that when counting my implied odds on the River? That's another 1.5BB which makes my total pot size to 10.5-1 and the right price to call.

Since I am only a 5-1 dog to hit my 4 outer on the Turn, is calling here the right play? I am getting more than 5-1 on the Flop. I'm guessing once I called the original raise I'll have to call one more since I'm getting enough odds. I'm confused because there are two odds to look at, 1st is the odds with two cards to come and the 2nd one with one card to come. I am getting enough odds to chase my 4 outer on the Flop, but I might be a little short on the pot odds on the Turn with 1 card to come depending who bets first and how much there are in the pot.

I can't even count my A as an out if someone makes it 3bets. I am probably against a real hand and the only way for me to win would be my 4 outer. Even if I hit my A, someone could hit a straight or two pair against me, making me lose.