View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 05:55 PM

Default Re: Utterly embarrassing and honest confessions of a 1 year pro

I have thought alot about college, and ElDiablo's post made me think about it some more today. I've come to the conclusion that college is just not right for me at this point in my life. I do not want the responsibility of having to live in this location for a very long time. I do not want to sound foolish if this does not happen, but I have ambitions to travel the world within the near future. I think seeing the world is very important for me and I might as well do it early in life before I have responsibilities and are forced to settle down. I also think that there is a good chance I might want to move out to SoCal or Vegas in a few years. The way finances are going for me, it is always an option that I continue playing poker until the fishing well dries up and then attend college. By then I should have far more than enough saved to not have to worry about paying bills for quite some time. College could become a real short-term money loser for me as I may not be able to put in the hours for poker along with the debt buildup or bankroll slashing that credits will do to me. If I had the choice between x amount of dollars or a college education, my estimated value of x is worth more to me.