View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Experiment with raised pots

my feelings have nothing to do with it. I get annoyed when the same topic has been covered and still brought up.

again, what info do you get? the info you get is only worth it if you don't give out info as well.

I'll break it down. Its an uncoordinated flop, you bet with whatever hand you have, they call or checkraise, what can you put them on at this point? they have " top pair, mid pair, set, or nothing". it tells you nothing about their hand that you wouldn't have known by checking and evaluating their turn action. By autobetting the flop on these type of flops when you have position, you are giving up the advantage of pot control. if you bet potsize and you are called, you've effectively tripled the pot size. if you bet 1/2 pot and you are called, you've doubled the pot size. it makes any hand aside from a monster very unwieldy to play for the next two streets.

I'm not calling a pot sized bet on the flop because my original assertion is that its checked to me on the flop and I'm in position. Out of position, you would of course play differently.