Thread: party 10+1s
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: party 10+1s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody play a ton of these? are hands even playable in the first levels unless solid gold? I can't see anyone folding for raises...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played about 400 so far. I'm hesitant to move up to the $30's, as the $10's are real nice. I'd love to see them install $20's.

And in the first two levels, it's tough not to play marginal hands when seeing 5 or 6 to the pot, and calling down with nothing. I usually end up playing too many hands early, and losing half my stack.

There will come a time, usually about level 4 but it also depends on the amount of players left(4 or 5 usually), where you will also be able to steal 9 times out of 10. It's a beautiful way to build up your stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

This above is all very true. Play like a rock early and play wild late. Read the stealing section in 7csfap a few times and then apply it to the players that are playing like rocks at the end. Don't bother stealing with the loose players, they might call (remember they WANT to believe your stealing) and they will knock themselves out fast playing to loose. Hands that stand up to alot of callers are the hands you want to play early. AAx and live flush draws for example. Pairs go up in value at the end, and you want to be playing them and not the drawing hands. Oh, and if we all email party poker maybe they can then add the $20's, I would think it would be very easy since they already have $20 SNG's for other games. It will also help Party by moving the "better" players up in levels and have the $10 games free from the "sharks".