Thread: 99 LP
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 02:50 PM

Default results

[ QUOTE ]
Calls. He hits his flush, and doubles through you?

Give me 3 good reason not to call there?
Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

what do we think the BB is pushing here? he's loose, but i don't think he's so loose pre-flop as to call with an 8 except maybe A8. i think his most likely hand is something like Jh Th. if i knew that were his hand, what would i do? if i knew the button were going to fold, it'd be an easy call. but with him lurking back there and a reasonably likely overpair, i think it's close and probably a fold (i don't expect him to lay down JJ even to a push and re-push).

as another poster said, i'm not really worried about the BB too much, although he is at least drawing live against me. i think the chances that the button has an overpair are reasonably high, and if he does, he stacks me for much more than i'm playing with the BB for. since i think i'm only a modest favorite against BB's range, i don't want to risk the button having a big PP. maybe at the time i discounted the button's aggressiveness too much and should have figured he was very likely to just have overs. but i folded. and button folded.

one thing that was on my mind in this hand was that when the boards disagree with me, it's almost always because i didn't make a fold post-flop.

btw, does anyone push pre-flop?