View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Run Dick Run - the 2008 question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bobby Jindal (I feel obligated to point out that yes, he's a rising star in the GOP, but he's still too young/inexperienced for the head job yet. 2016 perhaps?)

[/ QUOTE ]
Yr right. No way Jindhal is running for President. I think he would make a GREAT VP candidate though.

[ QUOTE ]
Bill Frist (Name rep, experience, and not a blatant Bush lackey. Contender.)

[/ QUOTE ]
actually that might be some of the rap against him -- that he IS a Bush lackey (see his actions yesterday as one example). However, that won't hurt him so much in the primaries.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may be wrong here - I was typing this up late at night. I don't pay that much attention to politics but merely believed that Frist was more of a generic Fundamentalist-friendly person than a "Bush lackey", but I don't know.

As for Jindal, I'd dare say he doesn't have the depth to be a VP yet - in 2008 he has less than two House terms total? Remember how people were jumping down John Edwards' throat for only having one Senate term? I'd sooner think someone like Chuck Hagel or Rick "Don't call me Dick" Santorum would get the nod, nominee-dependent of course.