Thread: Mad Money
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 10:05 AM

Default Re: Mad Money

[ QUOTE ]
I was channel surfing the other day and found this program on CNBC. I know nothing about the host other than what I read about him on the show's website. Is the guy a total crackpot or does he give good advice? Just curious since he was so over the top on the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Over the top is definately a good way to describe Jim Cramer. However, he is over the top in a good way and his advice is generally very good.

Cramer originally made his name by running a hedge fund and more recently founded thestreet.com.

For more info on Cramer, read his books:

1. Confessions of a street addict (Tells the story of his career)

2. You got screwed! How Wall Street tanked and how you can prosper (about the nasdaq crash, recent scandals, and investment guidelines to keep you safe)

3. Jim Cramer's Real Money: Sane investing in an insane world (advice on duplicating Cramer's success)

For an alternative view of the story of Jim Cramer's life in his first book, read this book by one of the people that worked for him:
Trading with the Enemy: Suduction and betrayal on Jim Cramer's Wall Street by Nicholas Maier

All 4 books are well worth reading if you intend to pay any attention to the advice he dishes out on his show.