View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 05:01 AM

Default Lowstakes limit O/8--Crapshoot? (Low content-high frustration)

Ok we all know it's not a crapshoot, people play too many hands and fade into oblivion all the time and it's no ones fault but their own. This is probably the biggest mistake a lot of players make in limit O/8

but today i was playing, a winning session I may add, but it was so riddled with bad beats my mind can barely take it.

The major annoyance is that every pot is 4 handed. I'm playing 6 max--and every hand we played is 4 handed at the 1/2 level whether I brought in with a raise or not. it sounds unbelieveable I know. Preflop raises are not respected 1 bit

the more I raised preflop, the less they would respect it. I would still raise my good hands before the flop for value, and the more I did it and showed down an a2 aa2 or a3 with suits the more they would call me later on!

My aces were crippled when 4-5 people called my opening raise, my good flops ruined by what fell on the river and my fingers sore from typing ALL those insults

I was usually happier when drawing to the nuts than holding them because I couldn't make anyone fold for anything. I know, typical limit your thinking, but this was INSANITY--The whole table is seeing every flop how do you beat it!? Do you just play good and take the man yogurt in you face until your hand FINALLY holds up?

after today I feel sick, the short term luck factor is insaaaaane

the worst is when you see someone raise infront of you and you want to reraise to narrow the field, then you just cry on the inside because you know--it's frivolous.