View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Tonight\'s WSOP Freeroll - add me to those with Main Event heartbreak..

i feel your pain my friend, but keep your head up. It was ONLY a freeroll, right. All you can really ask is to put yourself in a great spot to win, whether that be one hand, a session, and poker in general. you just want to put yourself in great situations and a good chance to win, and u've done that.
I totally feel your pain though. I finished 2nd in a triple shoot out on PS for the main event seat.
1st place = main event seat, 9 days of hotel accomodations, and $1000.
2nd place = $184, just like the rest of the final table 2nd-8th = $184.
When we were heads up, i had a 7400 to 4600 lead. I asked if he would settle for 2K and he said he wanted 4K. We decided to play it out and I lost. At that point, I was so devestated that I wanted to quit playing poker for good...kinda like a bad relationship/gf break up. I couldn't take the disappointments anymore. 6 hours later, i came to my senses and thought that was foolish of me, considering I finished so far. The next night, I won a rebuy tournament on pokerstars that had 702 people in it...actually i chopped it w/ the other guy, even though I had a slight chip lead.
In hindsight, I guess i should have forked over the 4K, since it would have been 3K since I get 1K for winning. Keep your head up.
When I lost, my friend said, "it's okay, you wouldn't have gone far anyways, there's just too many land mines out there."