View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 12:53 AM

Default Re: One month and little improvement....

Why limp more hands on the button? You have position with a strong hand. Raise. Your raise first in on the button is below 10%, how is that even possible. If it's folded to you on the button and you want to play a hand, shouldn't your raise first in be in the neighborhood of, oh I don't know, 100%? If PT calculates that statistic differently and 100% isn't possible, I apologize, but if you're going to play a hand on the button and it's folded to you, that's a raise every time. If anything, limping in invites a raise from the big blind and if you're playing relatively weak, you're folding to a lot of bluffs.

If you want your PFR% higher I'd suggest raising more hands pre-flop, that's always a good idea. The main thing is raising first in, there's a shitload of chances to do it. I'm a little looser pre-flop than most people but if you plan on playing a hand and it's folded to you, it's almost always going to be a raising situation. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Judging from your stats you're pretty clearly a winning player. I think the fact that 1.34bb/100 isn't good enough for you is promising that you're going to start terrorizing people at 3/6 as soon as you fix little problems. You have the right attitude, that's for sure.