View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: $200 NL, getting tricky/stupid with suited connectors.

You're saying that you are expecting him to think that you are thinking that a min-c/r is a cheaper way to find out where you are than just leading out for fear of his raising you with a worse hand if you just lead out. And then you expect him to come over the top of your check/raise with an overpair. That doesn't make sense. If he has an overpair and he puts you on a one pair hand, trying to figure out where you are, he is not going to come over the top to let you fold, he will utilise his position and smooth call so that he can get you to invest more money on the turn. And since you would know this, you would know that the min-c/r line does NOT let you find out where you are cheaply with top pair unless you are planning on c/f the turn. But against an opponent who can raise you on the flop with unimproved AK, I don't see how you can c/f the turn simply because he called your flop min-c/r. So you are still stuck.

It seems to me like your thoughts are a little bit jumbled here. I think that if you try writing down what you think villain is thinking and what you think villain thinks you're thinking, you will see that your line is not really the best line for any card/thought combinations for villain unless you think he is thinking on some super-high level whereby taking a bad line for you will be the best line for you because he will never expect you to take such a bad line. But that is really not a good idea to assume at SSNL.