View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 01:18 PM

Default Re: $200 NL, getting tricky/stupid with suited connectors.

I think that people in these games will have a very hard time getting off of an overpair to a real check/raise. Personally, as I've stated in previous threads, I fold one pair to any flop check/raise in these games exactly because people are attracted to your line of play. I am 100% folding to your check/min-raise on the flop even with AA here, FWIW. If you think that's too weak, please take a look in PT at all the times you check/raised the flop with less than one pair. My line would be to either lead the flop or more likely c/c the flop (trying to cash in on a continuation bet) and then lead the turn for half pot. I'm not worried about Ax[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here since it has so few combinations in comparison to all his other possible holdings. I'm also not worried about him hitting a two outer. So do what you can to get the money in.

But your line is the worst possible line to get money in. If someone will call a min-c/r they will call a bigger one. And c/r is the scariest move in poker. Why freak someone out when you want to get money in? I think the least threatening line is c/c flop, lead turn. And with the draws out there, I think an overpair pushes on the turn at least 75% of the time and probably calls 20% of the time. Then you push the river.