View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 11:30 AM

Default I\'d take a different approach

Seeing as AJo is my biggest loser, I've started being alot tighter about when and where I play it.
1) UTG I think I'm folding this pf.
2) Since you called, then called the raise: Your check/call on the flop is fine.
3) Lead out on the turn. You have 14 outs (2 jacks, 3 aces, 9 hearts) and I think most of them are probably good.
4) If everyone calls and villain raises, your reads come into play. Are the 2 middle guys calling stations or will they fold to a 3bet? If you think they will both call it, I 3 bet. I doubt villain is going to cap on a board with a flush draw after a 3 bet and 2 callers.
5) if you hit your flush on the river, bet it. If you hit trips or 2 pair I think I still bet it and call if there is 1 raise. If it's 3bet before it gets back to me, I give someone credit for a flush and fold.

I'm not a spectacular player, and if any of this is bad advice, please let me know why. But i think 3betting the turn is the right move if you think both middle guys will call you (if only 1 calls along with the villain, it is only slightly -EV).

This is not the same line most people who have replied are advocating. I think it is somewhat read-dependant, but there's alot of calling stations out there and this is how you make your money off of them.

That being said, this is the reason I would fold AJo UTG. If you have position, this hand is alot easier.