[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you know you're a winning player at $10/20 6-max

[/ QUOTE ]

You can never know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

[ QUOTE ]
A "floating 300-BB BR" is all a winning player needs, if you lose move down, if you win move up, if you double BR at the top game you can crush (I mean crush, not beat it for 1 BB/100), withdraw half to your bank.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if I personally like the "300 BB" rule, I think if you're a) playing tougher games ($5/10 and up) b) playing 6-8 tables c) playing short-handed I think it is best to have a bankroll between 500-1000 BB, the more the better. Why? These faster games will increase your variance due to blind confrontations, isolated HU pots, etc.

Also I wouldn't want to lose focus after losing 100 BB or more (which may have happened to the OP) because the loss is a significant portion of my roll. Lastly, I have known several good players who have went on 200+ BB downswings with winrates above 2 BB/100, so I think a larger bankroll is necessary if you never want to worry about going broke.

Also I think that doubling your bankroll should not be the "bar" for moving up to the next level, it should be based on
whether you feel like you are ready for the move up.