View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 07:19 AM

Default Empire $2k, $10 + 1 - final table with KQ in EP

I'm new to MTT:s so be gentle [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think my conservative play in the early phases of the tournaments are quite ok. It is in the latter quarter of the tournament or so I need some help to improve my game.

Here is a hand from yeasterdays $10 + 1 at Empire. 190 players to start with, 6 left. I'm with approx. 20k in chips and the BB is at t800. I have no read on villian. I haven't seen him doing anything extraordinary but I've only watched him at the final table. I think that I may have been percived as a very aggressive player. I've failed on a couple of steal attempts during the past 20 minutes and has lost 10k of my stack due to bad judgement.

I'm low staked but not desperate (as I said, about 20k in chips). The others at my table are all around 35-50k.

Hero is UTG with KQo (or possible UTG+1 with UTG folded)
I pump it up to t3000

All folds to villian

Villian (who is CO or Button)
Goes all-in and has me well covered. (he has approx. 40k in chips)

Blinds fold

If I double up here I will have I real shot for first price. I'm thinking that my table image might encourage people to take shots at me when I openraise.

Mainly I have two questions:
1. How about my openraise? To big? Without a great hand and without any position but under the pressure to accumulate some chips.

2. Do I call his all-in bet? Why? Why not?

As a side question. What are my odds agains an ace and a undercard, lets say ATo?

Regards,
Fredrik Johansson