View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 10:00 PM

Default Re: Ways in which Republicans love freedom...

You're ignoring the points of my post. The more guns we allow to be sold and manufactured, the more criminals will have guns. The more each side of the issue won't budge, the more each side loses respect of those in the middle. We would be happy with something reasonable that lessened the amount of guns in the hands of criminals.

Blaming the Chinese and the Russians will get us nowhere. Last time I checked, there were a few people in the gun business here in the States. Just saying "enforce the law" gets us nowhere. That would be ideal, but we don't live in a utopia. Saying that pro-gun folks are always "giving" an inch, when it just isn't true, gets us nowhere. Did they "give" the anti-assault weapon ban to Clinton to sign, or was that fought for by the anti-gun folks? Did they then take that ban away as soon as they had the votes and President to do so? I'm not saying the anti-gun folks are a bunch of fair-minded saints, but don't make out the NRA to be a reasonable, comprimising lobby either.

That dog don't hunt.

I see that you very set in your ways, and unwilling to concede anything. Go ahead and hold your ground, soldier. That gets us nowhere too.

-ptmusic