View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: How to play against a chronic Post Flop Min. Better?

My experience has been that minimum bets mean exactly what they appear to mean - a weak player with a weak hand or a draw is trying to show it down as cheaply as possible.

Unless I decide I have nothing and want to get out, I pop him on the flop. I pop him again on the turn-- enough to make it clear that he can't get the cards he wants cheap.

It's also important to know what the turn and river are in this case. Maybe they didn't help you but they helped him. A small-mid PP wouldn't be surprising here; I see that a lot, or possibly a weak 8 (a bad player could have A-8 or even 9-8 here).

The alternative line is, since you don't have anything yet, calling the flop and turn for the huge pot odds. The problem is that this leaves you rather stranded on the end. If he comes out with a larger bet, you have no idea where you are.

If you're going to raise this flop it has to be more than 1800. He's getting better than 6-to-1 on that call. You have to make him pay for playing that way or not play the hand.