View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 05:07 AM

Default Re: So I raised with my 77 and then

I don't think its necessarily right to devalue the 7 clubs as much as some people do. It's a possibile out, maybe not even worth a full single out, but it adds a very tiny amount of value for a possible showdown.

However, I do agree with most people that this is a drop on the flop. And sometimes you have to realize that a flop like this is one you will repeatedly have to avoid getting involved with in later streets. KJJ is a not a good flop for 77 and unfortunately your raise in this case is not going to see its value unfold. I definitely don't like this line. Calling on the flop accomplishes little. In my opinion, I would rather attempt my raise on the flop and hope for a free showdown in hopes I'm best. I'd avoid raising on the turn or river because of the fact that this flop is likely to hit someone, and most players seem to have trouble folding a pair of kings, even when their kicker is pretty weak.

However, I'm still thinking folding is the best play on the flop. If you feel the need to win every time you raise with a middling pocket pair, trying to bluff off the best hands and being bold about it, you're going to get caught too many times.