View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Horrid downswing...maintianing confidence?

[ QUOTE ]
i have carefully read this post and i'm uncertain as to its whiny content - i'm tempted to accept it as a legitimate query rather than an insufficent losing streak nancy post

[/ QUOTE ]

A very good point. My original post was probably made a little too soon after I stopped playing when I was feeling a little raw. I apologize for the vent (at least it wasn't accompanied by any "Look at what this idiot did to me" hands [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img])

[ QUOTE ]

ultimately though losing 200BB's is so dull i cant do it

if you had some decent resolve about what you were doing losing 200BB's would be closer to pleasure than pain - how do you expect to survive in a game where you know you will swing 300BB's from time to time if you decide your a loser when you lose 200BB's ? - losers and people who think they are losers are the same thing

stripsqueez - chickenhawk

[/ QUOTE ]

Thisis very good advice, thanks. I guess a more specific orginal question would be what one does to restore or maintain confidence once it has been shaken. Having looked back on my play from the last few days, some of it has been truly awful, as has my mental state, so now doubt has crept in. The best I can do is resolve to just not play for a while (thanks to the 15 or so who responded thusly).

Thanks for the responses,
Contritely,
Pooh