View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: How to deal with drunks?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys. I just got back from a trip to Turning Stone. While there, I had an interesting hand with a drunk guy. He was cold-calling raises with garbage, and raising/capping every round with as little as high cards. I couldn't wait to get into a pot with him, when finally this one came up:

(3/6 Hold'em) (10 handed) (my image is SOLID)
Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero Raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Drunk says "Well I can't let you get away with that" and Calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero Bets</font>, Drunk Calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero Bets</font>, Drunk Raises, <font color="red">Hero Reraises</font>, Drunk Reraises, <font color="red">Hero Calls</font>

River: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero checks</font>, Drunk Bets, <font color="red">Hero Calls</font>.

Results: Drunk shows 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and takes it down

sooo...when do I know to stop being so aggressive with the drunk?

[/ QUOTE ]

Play it this way 8 days a week and three times on Sunday. Don't let the end results discourage you.

Here's a hand between me and a drunk from Saturday.

Live $6/12 at the Trop
Hero has the BB with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 callers, Hero raises, all call.

Flop is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero bets, 3 callers

Turn is K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, Drunk raises, 2 folds, Hero calls

River T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Hero checks, Drunk bets, Hero calls

The Drunk showed down J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hands with drunks will turn out like mine did more often than not. Don't let a bad beat discourage you.