View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Some pocket KK losers

1. I think you bet too much on the turn. The flop pot is ok, but unless you know this is a tricky player that will pull a big cr bluff, the same effect comes from a bet of 10-15. I find it hard to believe that he'll push with a hand that you beat at that point, and you're not as pot committed so you have a chance to fold. That being said, I lose my stack here more often than not.

2. Four players in the hand. One calls your pot bet. I check behind on the turn because I see more hands that beat you calling here than ones you beat. Keep the pot small with one pair against most players. Let him bet a worse hand into you on the river, or if he river checks you can get as decent value bet where you're pretty sure you're ahead. He really screams set from the flop on.

3. This board is the most drawful and it's the one you don't pot. Especially against four player i'd advocate a much bigger bet here. If you pot it here on the flop, you'll have $60 in the middle and the villain with $75. I'd be comfortable pushing that turn. This does look like some sort of draw, as a set raises here because of the draw.

4. That's about as much as villian can do to try to tell you he has aces. I'd have had to see him play them the same one before, before I fold kings. I'm not sure that ever folding KK at PPNL50 is +EV in the long run, you'd be wrong too many times imo. Getting KK vs AQ preflop is not a 'loser' btw.