View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 12:23 PM

Default Omaha/8 variant - what would you do here?

I watched the player next to me agonise over this decision in a pot limit Dealer's Choice game the other night. What would you do?

The game is 'Scottish'. It is a variant of Omaha High/Low. You get dealt 5 cards and on the flop you need to throw 2 of them away before the turn card is dealt. So basically it is 3 card Omaha High/Low after that.

The flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Both players got all their money in on the flop - the pot ended up being a few hundred pounds. I can't remember exactly how the betting went, but both players obviosuly liked their hands.

Before the dealer dealt the turn card, both players had to choose which 2 cards to throw away. The first player chose quickly which cards to discard. But the second player went into the tank and started to really ponder. I glanced at his hand as he was deciding, and understood his dilemma. This was his hand:

J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

What 3 cards would you choose to keep?