View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Some pocket KK losers

In 6max I usually don't swing so hard with these preflop but I've found this is really table dependant. Some games the average open is 3$ with multiple callers and other times you will never get any action unless they have a really close hand to yours, you probably know this though so I'm sure you acted accordingly, hell he called with T8 in the first hand, if they'll pay it, tax em.

Other than preflop raises:

Hand 1: I'd slow down on the turn a lot. When the boards look like this and you have an overpair it usually means trouble. I'd check behind and call a decent bet on the river.

Hand 2: I'm a pot better I fire this a lot too, although its a safe flop for you so the less is fine. On the turn again I think you have to slow down a lot, unless he's got TT or something it's almost certainly a set.

Hand 3: I'd pot this flop, there's a good chance it somewhat lines up with this hand and you don't want to let him draw to a straight or two pair for cheap. The turn bet is also fine as long as you really feel he's not made and drawing, or getting stubborn with QJ or KJ or some crap.

Hand 4: I don't like three betting KK in NL personally. It diagrams your hand too well and lets him get away cheap with everything but Aces which he busts you with. Usually I'd say see a non ace flop and get it in the middle, checkraise him all in when OOP. Then again, you found a guy who overplays trash, and there are certain guys whom I have no problem getting this in preflop against. Some days are better than others.

JMO, only played about 1k hands at 50pp.