View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 02:08 AM

Default Re: Food for thought...

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying it's impossible, but as a senior software developer/designer, attempting to write a program that, over a large number of hands, is consistent with probabilities and odds for all players and somehow builds in a house advantage would be a large undertaking to put it mildly. Imagine trying to build this "rigged" software that gives everyone an even distribution of cards over the long haul, but still cheats. It's not very likely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too am a senior IT guy, as are more people on this forum than you might guess. And I disagree, not with your statement, but with your implication. Given the volume of data available, the number of hands it takes to get a usable confidence interval and the potential benifit a site _could_ receive, I know I could rig the deal in favor of the fish in order to maximize rake without it showing up in the stats.

Would it be hard? Yes? But then every senior IT guy I've met got there by being able to do the hard projects.

That said, I do not beleive Party, Paradise, Stars, or Planet is rigged in any way, shape, or form ... Pacific ... who knows, never played there and given the bad things I've heard - never will.