View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 01:38 AM

Default Re: General \"lead out on the flop\" question

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1- I would lead out for. If you check and he bets, its very hard for you to know if your ahead...If he raises or calls, use your read of the player and release your hand and/or proceed with caution on the turn

Hand 2- I would check/call lead the turn as well or check/call and check/raise turn. If your ahead of him on the flop, why do you want him to fold to your raise? You only want this if your playing scared.

However, you have to vary your game and you must change up the way you play these situations, but these would be my standard lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hand #2..see my response to AZK. I dont want him to see the turn for free. Its free if I just call the flop bet because he already paid by betting. I know Im ahead and dont want him to get another card without paying again. What if he has JJ and was making his continuation bet and the turn is a J?

This is a fundamental question that confuses me. Its similar to a hand I had the other day playing $5/$10. I raise with KK and got a caller. The flop was T86 and the caller led into me. I think Im ahead so do i raise or not? By your logic I shouldnt raise because I dont want him to fold, but shouldnt I make him pay more to see the next card? In this case I didnt raise and was following your logic. The turn was a 3....and guess what? He had 33 and I lost a bundle.