Thread: A Few Hands
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 09:52 PM

Default A Few Hands

Ok, here's a few from pokerclub.com. (I play at this crappy site because of the $100 deposit match. I DO NOT recommend it. I've experienced some very weird connection problems, and their all-in feature does not seem to work. PM me if you have questions about the problems I've had, I can give you and earful.)

I'm playing against maybe one good player (.50-1), and I'm getting a bit frustrated. I got a series of great hands and they got cracked. Here's a few of them. Any commentary on my play would be great, thanks!

Hand 1:
I'm in late position with KdKc. Four callers to me, I raise. SB folds, BB calls, the rest call. Six players see the flop.
Flop: Qc 5h 4c
Two checks to my main opponent, who I thought to be a strong player until I spoke to him after this hand. He bets, two calls, I raise. Two people fold, the rest call.
Turn: [Qc 5h 4c] 6c
Checks to me, I bet. I'm afraid of the flush, but I have the Kc so I'm hoping for the fourth club. (Would've gotten destroyed if that happened.) One fold, MP opponent and EP opponent call.
River: [Qc 5h 4c 6c] 8h
Checks to me, I bet, both call. MP opponent shows down AsAc, EP opponent shows a pair of queens. I chatted with the MP opponent: Why no raise? He says: I was afraid of the straight. I said: I meant preflop, and what about the flush??? He said: oh yeah.
I suppose a little more caution here would have been good, but what more could I have done?

Hand 2:
I'm UTG, raise with AA, MP weak player calls, BB calls .50 more.
Flop: 10 2 J two tone. I bet, MP calls, BB folds.
Turn: [10 2 J] Ac, putting three clubs on the board. I check, MP checks.
River: [10 2 J Ac] Qs, I bet, MP raises, I call. He shows K7o.
I was afraid of the flush, but gave him a free miracle card. I can't say whether he would have folded to a bet on the turn. I think I should have bet it, because even if I was facing the flush, a raise would give me that information. Comments?

Hand 3:
Early and Middle positions fold, bad player in front of me calls, I call (one off the button) and consider raising with AdTh. Button calls, SB folds, BB checks.
Flop: 2d 6h 5c BB checks, bad player in front of me bets,
I call, everyone else calls.
Turn: [2d 6h 5c] 10c Bad player bets, I call, everyone else folds. I should have raised with top pair.
River: [2d 6h 5c 10c] Qs Bad player bets, I call. He shows 2 10o.
I was just a little upset about this hand. Anything I could have done better?

Thanks!