View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 02:54 PM

Default Re: One out of the money with a decent BB hand

[ QUOTE ]
I am not so sure I agree with the passive play on the bubble here as others are suggesting, I like your play...lots of guys start stealing here, you can communicate to him that you are willing to make a stand to those moves.

[aside form the pre-flop [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] ...post-flop]

I REALLY dislike the check with top-pair here. You have gained zero information. Was your intention to check-raise? If so, why? That seems like an expensive and risky move (especially on the bubble) where a bet half the pot/pot is a cheaper and a less risky way to gain some information. Also, I think the check raise too weak (a pot-sizer would be min I think, make him stop and think), perhaps this is why he put you all in?

...which leads to the next question: why would he risk his stack so quickly? does this all-in want a call? now you have to wrestle with this question.

I like a half to pot size raise on the flop. If you get called, slow down and see the next card. If you get raised, I may bow out since you are so close to the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

A small raise UTG had been a frequent play of his for the entire game, so I wasn't giving him credit for much of anything. I reasoned that he was unlikely to have hit the flop, and that he would likely make a continuation bet no matter what he had, and I wanted to extract as much as I could from him. He would often fold to my reraise in similar situations, so I about crapped myself when he reraised all-in. I knew I should've folded at that point, but I managed to talk myself into calling anyway. As luck would have it, he had A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

-Travas