View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 08:13 AM

Default Re: Durbin\'s Comments About Detainees Treatment At Gitmo

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently you guys don't read.

Even a number of well-read conservatives on the board have said that you're just ridiculous if you don't think people are being tortured. (And for the record, we have tortured people to death.)

People are being smeared. Try reading. Keep up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh.... nope.
People aren'tbeing tortured they are being questioned.
Torture consists of cutting off limbs, burning parts of your body etc..
The problem lies with what you want to call torture.
The methods we use are HUMANE. Sleep deprivation is humane.In the end no one is hurt.It is a proven way to gather information.
As far as prisoners being tortured to death...
there are 2 and only 2 that are in question.
2 men died while being questioned in afghanastan. Over 2 years ago. In both cases the soldiers were tried and convicted by a milatary court. You need to read and get your facts straight.
NO ONE has died at gitmo.
The very memo that Durbin read was about questioning the 20th hi jacker who is, by the way, still very much alive.
Information gathered from him and others has prevented attacks.
I and I believe others like me don't disagree that what Durbin said takes place. We just believe that turning up or down the airconditioner consists of torture.
It certainly doesn't consist of the heinous crimes committed by the nazis of soviets etc.
Equating the nazis to our soldiers puts them in more danger than they are already in.
The fact that Durbin read anything with the word "airconditioner" followed by "torture" is laughable.